The most recent versions of the Approved Documents that support the technical "Parts" of the Building Regulations' together with Regulation 7 are accessible using the links below.
- Part A - Structure
- Part B - Fire Safety
- Part C - Site preparation and resistance to contaminates and moisture
- Part D - Toxic Substances
- Part E - Resistance to the passage of sound
- Part F - Ventilation
- Part G - Sanitation, hot water safety and water efficiency
- Part H - Drainage and Waste Disposal
- Part J - Combustion appliances and fuel storage systems
- Part K - Protection from falling, collision and impact
- Part L - Conservation of fuel and power
- Part M - Access to and use of buildings
- Part N - Glazing Safety (Withdrawn)
- Part P - Electrical Safety
- Part Q - Security
- Part R - Physical infrastructure for high speed electronic communications networks.
- Regulation 7 - Materials and workmanship
Building Regulations are the established minimum national standards that building design, construction and alterations in England must comply with. They are to ensure that all relevant building work is carried out to a high standard and meets health and safety guidelines, as well as meeting standards for energy conservation, security and building access.
The Approved Documents have been compiled by Government to provide guidance for how each ‘Part’ of the Building Regulations can be complied with when undertaking building work (including plumbing, electrics, extensions, etc.).