How do I make an online payment for my planning application?
You can pay online when submitting your application by completing the following steps:
- Complete all the form questions and upload the required supporting documentation for your online application.
- Calculate a fee on the 'Fees' tab and click the 'Confirm' button (We advise contacting the relevant local planning authority if you wish to check the fee is correct).
- On the 'Check, Pay & Submit' tab, once the application is showing as complete, click the 'Proceed to Pay and Submit' button.
- If the local planning authority accepts online payments, the option 'Secure Online payment by credit/debit card' will be displayed in the list of payment methods. Select this option and click the 'Pay and Submit' button.
- You will be taken to the local planning authority's online payment system where you should follow the onscreen instructions to complete the payment.
- Once payment is complete, your application will be submitted and you will be returned to the Planning Portal where the confirmation details for your online payment and application submission information will be shown. You should also receive an email notification of the successful online payment.
Please note: If the payment on the local planning authority’s payment page fails, your application may not be submitted.