Once you have decided on your project you will need to take the next steps to begin work.
This may involve creating architectural plans and drawings, submitting an application, applying for a Lawful Development Certificate, or if your project meets all the necessary permitted development limits, beginning your building work.
In all of these cases, working with a trade professional will allow you to move your project forward.
The Planning Portal has teamed up with the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) and the Federation of Master Builders (FMB) to help you find a professional who can assist you in progressing your project and acheiving your aims.
- All listings employ members of the RTPI
- Official RTPI directory of planning consultants
- Free to use site with over 465 firms listed
- Quick and easy to use search function
- All highly qualified and accountable
- Access specialist planning advice
- 8,500 members across the UK
- Uniting builders & clients since 1941
- Members fulfil strict joining criteria
- Members are inspected before joining
- Build better with a Master Builder
- Warranties can be provided through FMB