Once you have decided on your project you will need to take the next steps to begin work. This may involve creating architectural plans and drawings, understanding the impact on the natural environment, submitting an application or, if your project meets all the necessary permitted development limits, beginning your building work.
In all of these cases, working with a trade professional will allow you to move your project forward. So the Planning Portal has teamed up with the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI), Federation of Master Builders (FMB), Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) to help you find a professional who can assist you in progressing your project and acheiving your aims.
- Choose from over 8,000 Master Builders across the UK
- Members are independently inspected & vetted before joining
- Free use of our Government-approved dispute resolution service
- Master Builders can offer contracts and warranties on their work
- Connecting consumers with quality builders since 1941
- Not only do architects design buildings but they also oversee projects from conception to completion.
- Highly-skilled, professionally-educated, quality-assured,
- Your architect will help you get the most from your investment.
- Search over 3,900 RIBA-accredited Chartered Practices,
- For an architect that’s right for your project – and for you.
- All listings employ members of the RTPI
- Official RTPI directory of planning consultants
- Free to use site with over 465 firms listed
- Quick and easy to use search function
- All highly qualified and accountable
- Access specialist planning advice