Self-build homes

Find a trade professional

Once you have found suitable land and financing you will need to take the next steps to begin work. This may involve finding a trade professional who can help you to move your project forward, unless you are building the house yourself.

You may need the services of a builder or planning consultant to support your project. The Planning Portal has teamed up with quality service providers to help you achieve your aims and begin your build.

Access the RTPI Directory of Planning Consultants, as well as the Federation of Master Builders' 'find a builder' service, to find a trade professional for your project.