All the following conditions must be observed:
- Equipment on a building should be sited, so far as is practicable, to minimise the effect on the external appearance of the building and the amenity of the area.
- When no longer needed equipment should be removed as soon as reasonably practicable.
All the following limits must be met:
- Panels should not be installed above the highest part of the roof (excluding the chimney) and should project no more than 200mm from the roof slope or wall surface.
- The panels must not be installed on a building that is within the grounds of a listed building or on a site designated as a scheduled monument.
- If your property is in a conservation area, or in a World Heritage Site, panels must not be fitted to a wall which fronts a highway.
Note - If you are a leaseholder you may need to get permission from your landlord, freeholder or management company.