All the following conditions must be observed:
- Equipment on a building should be sited, so far as is practicable, to minimise the effect on the external appearance of the building and the amenity of the area.
- When no longer needed equipment should be removed as soon as reasonably practicable.
All the following limits must be met:
- Panels should not be installed above the highest part of the roof (excluding the chimney) and should project no more than 200mm from the roof slope or wall surface.
- The panels must not be installed on a building that is within the grounds of a listed building or on a site designated as a scheduled monument.
- If your property is in a conservation area, or in a World Heritage Site, panels must not be fitted to a wall which fronts a highway.
Note - If you are a leaseholder you may need to get permission from your landlord, freeholder or management company.
Build Aviator's estimating service can help you plan your project by providing an accurate cost of the proposed changes. Find out more.