With further constraints on budget and the impending decentralisation of fees, we need to ensure that any duplication of process is removed; smarter ways of working and communicating are introduced; and that we fully utilise technology to achieve a return on investment and encourage a channel shift to communities to self-serve and interact online.
The Planning Portal team can help:
- demonstrate a clear vision of a how online applications and e-working can deliver an improved open, accessible and transparent planning service
- show how these processes will help reduce running costs and lower application fees for proposed cost recovery
- enable greater accountability for service provision
- change the mindset and culture of a paper-based manual determination process
- reduce asset costs and promote mobile and remote working
- encourage a preference for and promotion of online planning to all shared partners using all communication channels
If you are a proactive LPA keen to embrace any of these areas, we would like to hear from you. Click here for contact details.