Smarter Planning will let LPAs:
- Save time and resources
- Save money
- Reduce carbon
Local authorities can reap these rewards by:
- Endorsing the Planning Portal as the preferred method of submitting applications
- Promoting best practice guidance for application submission and local
- Providing links on your website to the recommended areas of the Planning Portal
- Communicating electronically both internally and externally
- Working towards a paperless office
- Offer online fee payment or alternatives for quicker application registration
View an interactive map showing local authority areas that have achieved Smarter Planning Champion status (opens in Google maps. Click on the local authority of interest and it will reveal their name and Smarter Planning status).
By pledging your commitment to Smarter Planning, you will be supported in adopting these methods through free training, resources and advice. We will work together to cement the commitment to delivering a faster and smarter planning application system.
Once Smarter Planning is put into operation at your local authority you will become an approved ‘Smarter Planning Champion’, as well as benefiting from the efficiency savings you have made.
Smarter Planning is currently being run with English LPAs only.