Types of appeal

Tree preservation order appeals

If you have been refused consent for works to a protected tree then you can appeal that decision.

You can also appeal any condition attached to a consent for tree works, or the failure of the local planning authority to notify you of the decision within eight weeks of the receipt of any application in relation to protected trees.

Please note that you cannot appeal if you wish to object to a tree preservation order, or if you are objecting to the Forestry Commission’s refusal of a felling licence application.

The full procedure for submitting a lawful development certificate appeal is available on GOV.UK.