While Local Authority resources remain under pressure, we need to ensure that any duplication of process is removed; smarter ways of working and communicating are introduced; and that we fully utilise technology to achieve a return on investment and encourage a channel shift to communities to self-serve and interact online.
The Planning Portal team can help:
- demonstrate a clear vision of a how online applications and e-working can deliver improved, open, accessible and transparent services
- show how these processes will help reduce running costs and help close the gap for cost recovery
- enable greater accountability for service provision
- change the mind-set and culture of paper-based manual determination processes and outdated methods of payment
- reduce asset costs and promote mobile and remote working
- encourage a preference for and promotion of online planning to all shared partners using all communication channels
If you are a proactively using or are keen to embrace any of these areas, we would like to hear from you.