Annual salary: £36,000
Job type: Permanent
We are currently seeking somebody to perform the company accountant position within the business. The role is centrally located in Birmingham. Standard working hours are 8.30am – 5pm (although we do offer flexible working hours where suitable. The ability to travel will be necessary).
The primary role is the preparation of TerraQuest Solutions Limited monthly management accounts and completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations. You will also be required to oversee the subsidiary companies accounts and make sure all inter group reconciliations are agreed. Other ad hoc functions that form part of the finance function will be required.
- The preparation of a Monthly management accounts by the 15th of the month.
- Reviewing subsidiary accounts and ensuring inter group transactions balance each month.
- Reconciliation of Gross Margin’s per contract with the Management Accountant.
- Reconciling all Balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Preparing and posting of all month end journals.
- Bank signatory duties
- Preparing and updating fixed asset register and calculating depreciation from the registers.
- Analysing information between cost centres where required for management reports
- Continual review of financial systems and internal controls. .
- Preparing and posting Accruals and Prepayments
- Involvement in annual budgeting and monthly forecasting
- Preparing and submitting to group a weekly cash flow forecast.
- Over-seeing PAYE, SAYE and Pension monthly returns and payments.
- Preparation of Quarterly VAT returns
- To maintain a pro-active attitude to developing processes and procedures for continuous improvement.
- To maintain a safe working environment, identifying health and safety risks.
- Liaising with employees and Managers.
- Other financial related duties expected of the role.
- Knowledge of how to prepare Profit and Loss Accounts, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow statements.
- Proficient in MS Office and use of internet
- Be able to organise own workload and be able to work autonomously
- Be able to work to deadlines and within a team environment
- Good attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Open minded, flexible and able to adapt to deal with a variety of situations as they arise
Managers and staff within TerraQuest, Inland Revenue, Contributions Agency, Cabinet Office, Pensions Agencies, subsidiaries, Mears Group
TerraQuest is one of the UK's foremost multi-disciplinary business support companies. Formed in 1972 as a specialist in land and property management, TerraQuest has evolved to provide additional business process management services enabling their customers to use land and property more effectively creating a better fit for purpose estate, and, be more efficient in their business processes, improving productivity and reducing running costs. Key markets include, Central & Local Government, Transport and Property Development with key services being Business Process Management, Applications Processing, Property Development Services, end to end Planning Services and Land Acquisition/Disposal Services, Data and IT services.
How to apply
To apply, please forward CV including details of availability to Kelly.Blakeway@TerraQuest.co.uk