Responsible to: Business Development Manager
Full time, 40 hours/week, 20 days holiday
Salary: £30-35k per annum + Mears benefits + company performance bonus
The Senior Sales Executive is a key role in the business development team, driving new business and managing existing accounts for all advertising and related services, such as online directories, newsletters and sponsored content.
The Senior Sales Executive will be confident and dynamic, but also be consultative in their approach, comfortable dealing with individuals at all levels of seniority and across a range of businesses small and large by telephone, and face to face as required.
With a high degree of responsibility the Senior Sales Executive is expected to help the company reach its goals through efficiently and effectively managing sales, maintaining accurate records and working across the team to ensure an appropriate handover to delivery.
Working within a small business development team, the role offers scope for progression as the business grows.
- Responsible for building the pipeline and direct sales of all Portal advertising and related services, such as online directories, newsletters and sponsored content, including identifying market segments, lead generation, initiating contact, negotiation and closing sales, as well as account management of existing customers.
- Ensure handover to delivery is comprehensive and timely, allowing advertising to be delivered in line with contractual commitments.
- Ensure sales and contact details are recorded and monitored in line with agreed processes and entered and maintained in the Portal CRM.
- Actively seek insight into our existing advertising products and services (what works and what could be improved) and feed back to team, including our position/USPs in relation to competitors.
- Actively seek insight into challenges around the planning/building process which could present a commercial opportunity for PPQ.
- Support development of new advertising products/business cases as necessary.
- Attend events and trade shows as necessary.
- (Over) achieves budgeted revenue targets
- (Over) achieves sales price/margins which deliver required gross profit and EBITA
- Reports accurately and promptly on performance against plans
- Provides accurate revenue forecasts for advertising
- Provides excellent customer service to deliver renewals
- Profitably develops new markets, customers and services
- Records activities, sales etc. within CRM and in other places in a timely manner
- Works collaboratively with others teams to ensure effectively delivery
- Offers suggestions for improvements to existing advertising products and/or sales messages/materials
- Provides quality insight to support research in to product development opportunities and business planning, in a timely manner
- Behaves professionally and ethically at all times, in keeping with the business’ core values and legal requirements.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a B2B advertising sales capacity.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Proven track record of new business development.
- An effective communicator with an excellent telephone manner and strong written skills.
- Excellent IT literacy.
- Self-motivated and proactive in managing priorities to achieve deadlines and sales targets.
- A team player, who builds strong relationships with colleagues, customers and partners.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM (or similar)
- Experience of Google DFP (or similar)
- Experience of using advertising and/or affiliate networks
- The successful candidate must have the following:
- GCSEs in both English and Maths (A-C grade)
- Customers, PPQ colleagues.
No agencies please.