Building Control applications

You can use the Planning Portal's building control application service to apply to local authorities and approved inspectors in England and Wales that have registered to use the service.

The building control application service is separate to the Planning application service and therefore you will need to register a building control account, even if you already have a Planning applications account.

Building control applications can be submitted to your local authority building control department or an approved inspector.

Register an account

To get started you will need to register for a building control account.

Start an application

Sign in with your building control account details to start an application.