Project completion

If you carry out building work without submitting an application for planning permission and permitted development does not apply, the local authority may ask you to submit a retrospective application to approve the work that has been completed.

With building control, you can obtain a regularisation certificate from a building control body for the work to be certified.

In both cases there are implications if a building, or works to a building, do not meet set standards. Find out in this section what happens if you do not comply with the requirements or do not obtain approval.