Bristol, UK. Full time
The Planning Portal website is the online planning application service for England and the national home of planning and building regulations information.
As the Web Content Administrator for the Planning Portal, you will play a vital role in supporting the Business Development and Operations teams. You will work with those teams and our partners to create content for the website and publish and distribute the weekly newsletter and monthly bulletins. You will also report on the effectiveness of the content and our services.
Key areas of accountability as Web Content Administrator:
- Ensure that information is published in a timely way, in line with quality standards using the CMS
- Adhere to our house editorial and style guides in your own work and proof read documents to ensure adherence by others
- Assist the Web Content Manager to ensure that new and existing Planning Portal content is correct, comprehensible and informative.
- Make edits and investigate content-related queries and continually review existing content, resolving issues as they occur.
- Review broken links tracker weekly
- Use Google Analytics and other reporting tools to monitor and evaluate the performance of our website and other plugged in services.
- Work with relevant teams to research, write, publish and deliver the weekly newsletter and monthly Bulletins to a high standard and in a timely manner to our subscriber audience. Review and report on usage of the newsletter and Bulletins.
- Liaise with advertisers regarding their testing of creatives and copy that feature in these communications.
- Support the Web Content Manager with other editorial work as required
What we are looking for
- Educated to A-level, or equivalent
- Understanding of website systems - experience in using a CMS
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Experience of writing for the web and SEO practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of using Google Analytics
- Works effectively in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written English
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to report back to the business and make recommendations