Published: Tuesday, 31st March 2020
Next round of online planning application system updates, Call for Papers – Planning Portal Conference 2020 and more stories on our blog.
We are working to ensure that all users can realise the benefits our online products and services provide.
Following preparation work for the new version of the data standard and the application requirements of the Greater London Authority, we are continuing to deliver key improvements and new functions.
Next up is:
- A wide range of updates across the question sets on our current planning application system to improve compliance with government standards and validity of applications.
- The rollout of the latest version of our data standard (schema) to all applications types including Prior Approvals.
In response to the challenges issued by bodies looking into the future of planning, and the expected direction of the government’s Accelerated Planning white paper, we are continuing to increase our rate of change.
We want to ensure that all our users are on board for this journey and can work with us to deliver the improvements that the sector requires for it to be fit-for-purpose.
Question set updates
We have reviewed and updated some question sets for all new planning applications made after the changes are implemented.
Rollout of the latest version of our data standard
Following the preparatory work done earlier this month, we are planning to make the latest version of our data standard (schema) available to all Local Authorities.
As previously detailed, the new data standard (v2.0) includes significant updates over the previous version (v1.3), allowing it to contain information relating to the:
- Prior Approval application types;
- London-specific GLA questions;
- Updates to the question options (see above link for details).
When are these changes coming?
We are aiming to launch these changes in May 2020, more exact timings to be confirmed.
Further communications will be sent as the project implementation progresses although if you have any queries concerning the changes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the date! Thursday 19-20 November 2020 at Hilton Birmingham Metropole.
The Planning Portal has launched a call for papers for those interested in contributing to the Planning Portal Conference 2020.
The two-day conference will focus on two key topics; day one will lead with climate change, the impact on planning and building and the actions those in the industry could and are implementing. The second day will focus on technology, both within the private and public sectors, and how technology can help towards achieving the government’s climate change goals.
Topics we are aiming to cover, but not limited to are:
- Climate change and the built environment
- Environment bill and biodiversity
- The role utilities companies can play in climate change
- Modern methods of construction
- Delivering homes in ‘Planning for the Future’
- Technology in Local Authorities
- Bridging the gap between private and public sector
- Data transparency in planning
- Technology in the process
Please send all papers and enquiries to email@example.com