Published: Wednesday, 29th September 2021
Features: Planning Portal’s Local Authority Workshops 2021: The latest updates to the Planning Portal
With the re-platforming of the Planning Portal planning application system and updates to our guidance pages happening soon, we’re inviting your Local Authority to attend our dedicated online sessions about our upcoming plans. These events will provide you with a comprehensive walk through of the new service and our plans to introduce it early next year.
The proposed agenda:
- A review of 2020, 2021 and the impact of COVID on the planning industry – what were your experiences and what does the ‘new digital’ look like for your authority?
- Regional application submission statistics and trends – the latest insight on activity in your area.
- Re-platforming the Planning Portal – what this means for customers and what it means for you and your authority.
- Our development road map – what new features and functionality are coming next?
As we would if we were hosting these in person, we will be hosting these events on a regional basis. This will allow us to update you with pertinent statistics and provide you the opportunity to connect with other Local Authorities in your area.
We will run these sessions between: 19 – 21 October 2021 and 2 – 4 November 2021 via Teams.
- North East – Tuesday 19 October at 10am
All authorities within Tyne and Wear, County Durham, Northumberland and a small part of North Yorkshire.
- North West – Tuesday 19 October at 2pm
Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside.
- Yorkshire and the Humber – Wednesday 20 October at 10am
South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, Hull, North Yorkshire and the City of York, as well as North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire.
- West Midlands – Wednesday 20 October at 2pm
Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands and Worcestershire.
- East Midlands – Thursday 21 October at 10am
Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire (except North and North East Lincolnshire), Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and Rutland.
- East of England – Thursday 21 October at 2pm
Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
- South East – Tuesday 2 November at 10am
Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Surrey and West Sussex.
- South West – Tuesday 2 November at 2pm
Bristol, Cornwall (including the Isles of Scilly), Dorset, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire.
- London – Wednesday 3 November at 10am
All Greater London Authorities and Development Corporations.
- Wales – Thursday 4 November at 10am
All Welsh authorities.
Spaces are limited to two attendees per authority and ideally, we would like you to attend your regional event. Please register using your Local Authority email address. You will receive an email confirmation and the agenda within two working days of booking your place.
As part of the registration process, you have the opportunity to ask us a question regarding our development plans – we will aim to cover all questions asked throughout the events.
Structure for the day:
The same structure will be used throughout all events.
- Arrival and introductions
- Planning Portal updates
- Comfort break
- The future of the Planning Portal
- Have your say!
Don’t forget to join the ‘Planning Portal Local Authority Group’ on the Knowledge Hub.
If don’t already, you can also request to receive our monthly Local Authority bulletin. To sign up, please email email@example.com and include your email signature.