We would always recommend that you apply online. But all the application forms are also available to download as PDF documents which you can print out, complete and submit by post.
This tool will ask you to select the relevant Local Planning Authority or the location of your development. It can also provide assistance in selecting the correct type of form if required.
Please note: The forms should be saved to your device (using the 'save as' function) and then completed. If you do not save a version before entering text, the text will not be saved correctly. You can complete the form using the free Adobe Reader desktop software / mobile app or full Adobe Acrobat software. Many internet browsers and other software can be used to view PDF format files, but we cannot guarantee their compatibility or functionality in regard to these forms.
In addition to the form, you will be provided with links to a guidance note, and question-by-question help text.
Please note: The following forms are not available through our online system or paper form chooser
- Application for Permission in Principle
- Application for a Certificate of Lawfulness of Proposed Works to a listed building
- Planning application for development relating to the onshore extraction of oil and gas
Application types not currently available on the Planning Portal
If you wish to apply for the following, please contact your local planning authority or check their website for details
- Planning permission for mineral extraction or associated development
- Modification or discharge of a Section 106 planning obligation