Circulars are procedural guidance that interpret and explain a particular piece of legislation.
Welsh Office Circulars
Some Planning Circulars issued by the then Welsh Office remain in force in Wales.
National Assembly for Wales Circulars
Seven National Assembly for Wales (NAW) Circulars bearing on land use planning were issued between 2001 and 2005 and remain in force.
These circulars are listed below:
- NAW 20/01: Planning Controls for Hazardous Substances;
- NAW 01/03: Safeguarding Aerodromes, Technical Sites and Military Explosive Storage Areas: the Town and Country Planning (Safeguarded Aerodromes, Technical Sites and Military Explosives Storage Areas) Direction 2002;
- NAW 07/03: Planning (and analogous) Appeals and Call-in Procedures;
- NAW 08/03: Enforcement Appeal Procedures;
- NAW 14/04: Compulsory Purchase Orders;
- NAW 36/04: Control of Development in Airport Public Safety Zones; and
- NAW 04/05: Guidance on Managing Unauthorised Camping.