Part B - Fire Safety
Frequently Asked Questions
Building Regulations and Fire Safety Procedural Guidance 2015
This guide explains the steps involved in approving the fire safety aspects of building work, and the interaction between Building Regulations and other statutory fire safety requirements in England and Wales.
This fifth edition of the Procedural Guide explains the steps involved in approving the fire safety aspects of building work.
- Building Regulations and Fire Safety Procedural Guidance2 (2015) (External link to LABC)
Fire Safety in Adult Placements: A code of practice
This Code of Practice sets out the minimum level of necessary fire precautions in domestic homes used for Adult Placement.
- Fire Safety in Adult Placements: A Code of Practice3 (PDF 314 Kb)
Building Regulation Circulars and Circular Letters
The changes made by these regulations apply in England. These amendment regulations come into effect on the 21 December 2018.
- Building (Amendment) Regulations 2018: Circular 02/20184
- Circular letter on Building (Amendment) Regulations 20185
Banning the use of combustible materials in the external walls of high-rise residential buildings
Following the Secretary of State’s commitment in Parliament (17 May 2018) to consult on banning the use of combustible materials in cladding systems on high-rise residential buildings, the consultation paper (consultation now closed), consultation outcome and impact assessment documents can be found below:
- Banning the use of combustible materials in the external walls of high-rise residential buildings: a consultation paper6
- Consultation response: banning the use of combustible materials in the external walls of high-rise residential buildings7
- Ban on combustible materials in external wall systems: impact assessment8