Frequently asked questions

What to do if an application has been submitted to the wrong local planning authority

If you have submitted an application to the wrong local planning authority, you will need to request a refund from the local planning authority that you have submitted the application to and then submit a new application to the correct local planning authority.

Rather than create a new application, you can copy the original application but will need to uncheck the ‘Site Details’ box to select a new location.

Once you have selected the location using either a postcode or eastings and northings, you will be presented with the details of the local planning authority you’ve selected on the right-hand side of the screen. Check if this is correct.

Please note, if your application is for ‘Waste Management’ or comes under ‘Regulation 3’ then the local planning authority may change to the county council depending on who is responsible for those applications in your area. More information on these applications can be found by clicking on the ‘Help’ button on Step 2/3 of the online application process.

Once you have created your application, you will not be able to change the local planning authority and changing the site address details will not change or alter this either.

If the reason for the refund was not the fault of Planning Portal service, the £16.67 service charge WILL NOT be refunded, this is in line with the Planning Portal terms and conditions and supporting financial transaction service statement.