Frequently asked questions

What is the Agricultural Holdings Certificate?

Applications for Householder, Full and Outline planning permission (and applications to remove/vary conditions or extent time limits for implementation) require Ownership Certificates to be completed for the land in question (either A, B, C or D).

In addition, all certificates must be accompanied by an 'Agricultural Holdings Certificate' confirming whether or not any of the land to which the application relates is, or is part of, an agricultural holding.

The Agricultural Holdings Certificate will be available within the certificates questions in the forms section of your application. For applications in England, the ownership and the agricultural certificates are merged to provide one combined certificate.

You must complete the Agricultural Holdings Certificate - even if your application is for a non-agricultural use.