All the following conditions must be observed:
- Stand-alone solar equipment should be sited, so far as is practicable, to minimise its effect on the amenity of the area
- When no longer needed equipment should be removed as soon as reasonably practicable.
All the following limits must be met:
- Only the first stand alone solar installation will be permitted development. Further installations will require planning permission.
- No part of the installation should be higher than four metres
- The installation should be at least 5m from the boundary of the property
- The size of the array should be no more that 9 square metres or 3m wide by 3m deep
- Panels should not be installed within boundary of a listed building or a scheduled monument.
- if your property is in a conservation area, or in a World Heritage Site, no part of the solar installation should be nearer to any highway bounding the house than the part of the house that is nearest to that highway.
Note - If you are a leaseholder you may need to get permission from your landlord, freeholder or management company.