The Planning Portal provides plain English content based on Government’s national planning and building control legislation and guidance.
It also offers information in regard to specific activities and projects commonly associated with the sector.
Our range of online services include: interactive guidance; calculation tools; directories of professionals as well as functions to support online applications such as mapping and payment products.
All of this is produced to meet the needs of both the general public and professional users.
We therefore recommend that your Local Authority links to the tools and material on the Planning Portal, confident in the fact that the information you are directing your customers and citizens to is current and accurate.
To enable this, we maintain a guide on the most common and useful links you can use on your Authority’s website:
Benefits of linking to Planning Portal content:
- All our content is free to access and share links to
- Saves time dealing with planning and building control enquiries
- Reduces the need to keep updating your website or developing new content
- Improves the quality of planning applications
- Links can be customised to meet your local needs
- Raising awareness of our commercial services helps support the Planning Portal in continuing to provide these benefits to you.
We also provide a wide range of PDF based forms for situations where online applications are not possible.