Find and download paper forms
We would always recommend that you apply online1. But all the application forms are also available to download as PDF documents which you can print out, complete and submit by post. View further details about making an application 'offline'2.
Paper Form Chooser: Select and download PDF forms (https://www.planningportal.co.uk/app/downloadable-forms)Paper Form Chooser: Select and download PDF forms
This tool will ask you to select the relevant Local Planning Authority or the location of your development. It can also provide assistance in selecting the correct type of form if required. In addition to a printable PDF application form, you will be provided with links to a guidance note, and question-by-question help text.
Please note: The forms should be saved to your device (using the 'save as' function) and then completed. If you do not save a version before entering text, the text will not be saved correctly. You can complete the form using the free Adobe Reader desktop software1 / mobile app2 or full Adobe Acrobat software. Many internet browsers and other software can be used to view PDF format files, but we cannot guarantee their compatibility or functionality in regard to these forms.
Application types not currently available on our online system or paper form chooser
You can download PDF application forms and associated documents on the next page of this section3.
- Application for Permission in Principle
- Application for a Certificate of Lawfulness of Proposed Works to a listed building
- Planning application for development relating to the onshore extraction of oil and gas
Application types not currently available from the Planning Portal
If you wish to apply for the following, please contact your local planning authority or check their website for details.
- Application for modification of conditions relating to construction working hours
- Application for additional environmental approval to extend the duration of a planning permission
- Planning permission for mineral extraction or associated development
- Modification or discharge of a Section 106 planning obligation
Find your Local Planning Authority (https://www.planningportal.co.uk/find-your-local-planning-authority)Find your Local Planning Authority