Can I amend a submitted application?
If you wish to make an amendment to a transferred application, then this can be done on the Planning Portal by using the 'Amend' function on your application overview page.
If your application has been determined by the Local Planning Authority (LPA) please do not try to amend your application. In this scenario any changes must be made through a new application, this can be done using the ‘Copy’ function. For minor changes you may wish to submit an application for a Non-material amendment.
To amend a submitted application:
- Login to your Planning Portal account and locate the application you wish to amend.
- Once you have located the application, please click on the application name to open it.
- Click on the ‘Amend Application’ button at the top right-hand side of the application overview page.
- Click to confirm that you wish to amend the application. Now you are free to make any changes.
- Once you have amended an application, you will need to validate (check) the forms and make any payment or use the ‘Fee Calculator’ to confirm there is no change in payment. Then you will be able to use the ‘Declare and Submit’ button to submit your application to the LPA.
To assist the LPA with your amended application, we recommend that you attach an additional document detailing the amendments you have made.
Please note: If the application fee changes due to the nature of the amendment, then this will need to be resolved via an additional payment or a refund, which can be advised by the LPA.
Additional payments can be made via our payment service. If the amended application incurs an additional fee due to the changes made, then a further service charge will apply to fees over £60.