Useful linksAdvert specifications
Advertising with the Planning Portal could help your business, download our media pack to find out more information.
Download our media pack (https://ecab.planningportal.co.uk/uploads/media_pack.pdf)Download our media pack
Sponsored content is a great way to get across more information about your product and business than can be provided in an advert. Articles can be written by your business for inclusion on the Planning Portal and placed in prime spots to get quality visitors to your website.
We recommend that these articles are written in plain, conversational English. Editorial integrity is crucial in maintaining the trust of Portal users and the credibility of the brand and this must be reflected at all times.
In summary, content written for the Planning Portal needs to be:
- Written in plain language.
- Articles must have a maximum word count of 700 words, including titles
- Titles and sub-titles are to be displayed in sentence case
- Don’t use Americanisms
- Link text should be meaningful. Have a clear instruction to the user about what they can expect from their action.
- Opt for using words to indicate the outcome of the user’s action. For example, 'read the report’ or ‘download the form’.
- No more than three hyperlinks in copy
- Copy should not portray an endorsement from the Planning Portal
- Copy should be informative, useful and clearly relevant to the website user
- Articles must not claim that products guarantee planning permission, meet building regulations or criticise government policy.
Please be aware that we may adjust articles to reflect our house style and tone. In this situation, any alterations to the article are to be agreed by you before publishing.
Contact us (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)Contact us
We can include your content in our weekly newsletter. For inclusion, please provide 70 words maximum (including title). Newsletter readers will be directed to the complete sponsored content article hosted on the Planning Portal.