Our planned maintenance window is Sunday morning. Further information of any site maintenance, planned outages or important information will be detailed below:
There is no maintenance scheduled at the moment.
Please be aware that there is an issue with the latest version of Apple's Safari browser (v14.0.1 - November 2020) preventing file upload on the majority of websites. Until Apple resolve the issue we would suggest using either the Chrome or Firefox browsers to complete your application's Supporting Documents section. Click here for more details (external link).
Our Service Desk
Please note: The Planning Portal is an online application service based in Bristol. We are not part of any council and do not have a planning department so cannot offer planning advice. Therefore, if you need planning advice, please contact your local council’s planning department. Their contact details can be found by using our search tool.
- Can I print/export a draft application?
- Why is there a service charge for submitting some planning applications online?
- How much does a planning application cost?
- How can I pay for a planning application?
- How do I nominate someone to pay for a planning application?
- I have paid for my application, why is it still in ‘draft’?
- Can I amend a submitted planning application?
- How do I change my registered email address?
- I’ve forgotten my password.
- How do I know that a request for payment of an application is genuine?
- I'm applying online and can't find the form I need.
- Do I need Planning Permission?
For planning advice and to find out the progress of a planning application:
Contact your Local Planning Authority
For building control advice and to find out the progress of a building control application:
Contact your Local Authority Building Control Department
For Planning Portal website support - accessing your account, completing the online form or our complaints process:
Find out more